Busy Week

We have had a very busy week. Moving hay was a priority.  I kept up my strategy of moving 10 bales daily. Thursday I volunteered to help a neighbor move furniture from their living room into their basement. Friday we found out hay delivery was scheduled for today. So, Friday became crunch time.

This hay had to get moved in two days. PS – you’re looking at 54 bales. At 5 bales per load with Chuck Wagon, that would take 11 round trips.

Time to get creative. Just how many bales can Chuck Wagon carry?

Would you believe 8! Somewhere on the other side of the hay in the passenger seat is me – the driver. On Friday, Pam and I managed to get 44 bales moved. That would leave me with 10 more bales on Saturday.

After all the hay got moved, the boys barn now looks like the photo on the left, barn 1 looks like the photo on the right. Pam cleaned barn 1 and prepped it for Sunday’s hay delivery.

This morning I built one more 4×8 pallet, then found out the hay was not coming today because it was raining at the farm where hay was is coming from. Can’t haul hay when it is raining.  Barn 1 is ready for the hay whenever it gets delivered.

Meanwhile, today we had company. On September 8th, I received a private message from a follower from Chattanooga, TN. She wanted to know if she and her husband could come out to visit us. It took a few emails and schedule adjustments. They were coming today – the day we were expected to receive hay. Pam excused me from helping stack the new hay since I worked at clearing Barn 1 of the Summer hay. Bob and Carol Higginbotham programmed their GPS and headed our way. About 1PM, Carol called to say, they could not find us. Their GPS got them close.  By the time we figured out where they where, we lost phone contact with them. They managed to get back to the main highway and stopped at a gas station. When they called again, we said we would come get them.

We had an enjoyable visit with them. We shared our story of how we became full-time RVers. Then exchanged workamping experiences. My Carol stepped out to get the Hay Wagon to give Bob’s Carol a lift to barn 2 where the girls were.

Carol and Bob had a chance to mingle with the girls while Carol and I told them about our llama duties.

The girls behaved pretty well except they had to demonstrate their expertise in producing poo. We decided it was time to leave the girls. When we got back to the RV, Bob stepped back to their vehicle and delivered a treat for us to enjoy later.

This may seem like an odd treat. When Carol suggested bringing us some Krispy Kreme doughnuts, I explained to her how cool that would be because I had a routine of taking my grandson Gage for doughnuts once a week when we lived in Corpus Christi. So the doughnuts where indeed a special treat.

We decided it was time for a late lunch/early supper. Carol and Bob followed us to Pat’s Kountry Kitchen in McCaysville. After a yummy meal and more conversation, it was time to say, “See ya later.” Here we are leaving Pat’s.

That’s Carol and Bob on the left. Oh yeah, when we got back to our RV, I dove into that special treat. All I can say is, “Thanks Carol and Bob. What a special treat!”

That’s it for tonight. Tomorrow I will tell you about our trip to the Misty Mountain Model Railroad. You will want to come back to see the photos from the largest private collection of Lionel trains in the country.

Thanks for stopping by, y’all comeback now.

2 responses to “Busy Week

  1. Carol Higginbotham

    Jerry and Carol, thank you so much for your generous hospitality. We had a delightful time and so enjoyed meeting all of the llamas . The meal was great and the conversation so relaxed and enjoyable. So thankful that the two of you found us when we were lost. LOL! Hope that the doughnuts are delicious. I see by the picture that Jerry is on his way to doughnut dreamland! LOL! Again thanks and hope to see the two of you again on down the road! Praying for you to have safe travels! Bob and Carol Higginbotham

    Sent from my iPad

  2. A little FYI – The Corpus Christi Krispy Kreme went out of business. After reading your post I’m wondering if the Donut Palace here in Seguin is open at 4:30 AM….lol

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s